We are so excited about our plans for renovation. Have you seen them yet?
- The library has not seen any major renovation in 26 years
- We are renovating the interior and not expanding the library’s footprint
- The historic, original building, built in 1891, will be restored and modernized
- The area for teens will be enlarged and relocated to the 2nd floor
- The Community Room will be fully renovated for better acoustics & aesthetics
- The renovation budget is $1.7 million; we have $1 million through generous community donations and are pursuing a $750,000 construction loan
- Our tax levy is the lowest among North Fork libraries
There’s a renovation information meeting on Wednesday, May 3 (at 7pm) at the Southold High School AND the plans are on display at the library’s Circulation Desk. Our website also has renovation plans to review.
Questions? Please stop by to peruse the plans, check out the Renovation section of our website or call our Director, Caroline MacArthur at 631-765-2077.
As always, thanks for your continued support and please vote YES for the library budget on Tuesday, May 16.